Hello lovely readers! I hope you are all doing well. As you can see by the title, I celebrated my 28th birthday (a little over a week ago)! I don’t know about you, but I am always thankful and humbled by each new year. As I get older I see how much of a blessing another year really is. So, today I am doing a more personal post. Here are 28 Random Things About Me!
28 Random Things About Me
- My favorite kind of candy, besides chocolate, is the banana flavored ones. I used to buy Runts, just for the banana ones.
- My favorite movie is Waitress. I can relate so much to feeling stuck, and fearful, but finding my way in the end.
- My favorite subject in school was art. I even won a couple of awards in elementary school.
- Charlie Brown is my favorite character, and the character I identify with most.
- Gilmore Girls is probably my favorite tv drama series of all time.
- The beach is my favorite vacation destination. The view of the ocean speaks to my spirit. In particular, my favorite beach is Destin Beach in Florida.
Personality/ Temperament/ Traits/ Outlook/ Randoms
- I’m an introvert.
- I’m an over-thinker for sure. I’m trying to get out of my head more and accept circumstances for what they may be.
- I can be a hothead.
- I’m very sensitive and sometimes I can feel offended easily. I don’t think these are good traits to have, so I try not to indulge in those feelings.
- I’m around 5’10. I was self-conscious about being so tall while growing up. The teasing and being taller than all of your crushes didn’t help!
- I used to have a fear of dogs.
- I have a major sweet tooth!
- I love going on walks when I feel really, really down or discouraged.
- I also use music to calm my anger when I’m feel really, really upset.
- I have a pretty good singing voice.
- I used to think that people were innately good, but now I believe the opposite. It takes denial of the self and sacrifice sometimes to be “good” or do the right thing. I don’t see people do that very often anymore.
- In high school, after getting home from classes, and in college, I would put on PBS Kids to relax and fall asleep to.
- I didn’t realize that when I became a mother, I would feel as judged or as lonely as I do sometimes. It’s always funny to see how critical people can be about parenting choices even if your baby is happy, healthy and thriving. Regardless, I do what I feel is best and take suggestions from the doctors over OPINIONS of others.
- I could have never imagined how difficult being a parent can be sometimes. While your kid is constantly growing and changing, you have to be flexible and patient to meet their ever-changing needs.
- I’m the oldest of four children.
- When I graduated high school, I seriously thought about pursuing a career in interior design. Even so, I let people around me discourage me from pursuing it because it was not a “safe” field.
- I never imagined myself as a mom to a boy, as silly as that sounds! In my head I always pictured myself picking out baby girl clothes and bows hahaha.
- I have always had an interest in learning about different cultures. I chose Spanish as my foreign language requirement in high school and I am actively trying to become fluent right now because my son’s grandparents are from El Salvador and speak Spanish.
General Likes and Dislikes
- I HATE black licorice and popcorn flavored jelly beans.
- I LOVE palm trees and light houses.
- I like doing pilates. It’s my favorite form of exercise.
- I love the rain and dark, gloomy rainy days. It’s perfect for lighting a candle, getting cozy, and reading a good book.
I hope you found these 28 Random Things About Me interesting and that you feel like you know even more about me now. Thank you for reading and keeping up with me. Until next time guys!